Tuesday, September 18, 2007

SPPA Accepted Print

I'm so excited!!! I belong to the SPPA (sask. prof. photographers assn) and this week is our provincial convention (which I'm unfortunately not attending). I just got word from another photographer friend that this image I submitted was accepted into the Print Salon for 2007!! I don't actually really know what that means yet, but I guess it's good... What I do know is that it will be shown on the sppa.org site for the coming year, and you earn merit points for having a print hang. So that's cool, cause this is the first time I've entered in the Print Competition. So anyway, I was pretty pumped, so I thought I'd share!

This is a photo I took of Aiden, just after we bought him his electric guitar for his 6th birthday. He has just started lessons, and can now play Smoke on the Water! He's loving it, so I guess it was a good investment. This summer he really wanted to be a busker, and was disappointed when we were doing these photos, because a lady walked by us, and didn't give him any money. He figured she should have thrown him a quarter or two, since he was playing his music uptown on the sidewalk!



No comments: